Who is eligible?
Nominees must be an individual currently working in the early childhood education and care sector in Australia and aged 35 years or younger at the time of nomination.
The nominee must have completed a four year early childhood education care degree within the past 10 years and have worked in an early childhood setting for a minimum of three years.
Nominees may self-nominate, however all nominations must be supported by a supervisor/manager/CEO/owner/employer.
Nominations must include all of the following:
- A description of the degree/post graduate degree undertaken by the nominee and their work history
- A description of the way the nominee has applied their tertiary study knowledge to enhance the delivery of high quality educational programs and pedagogy to young children
- A description of the specific role the nominee has played in improving the quality of children’s education and care at the service including any barriers faced and how the nominee worked with other team members
- An explanation of the positive impact or benefits that the improvements have had on the children’s education and care and how this approach can be shared broadly
- A description of how the prize money will enhance or assist in the professional development of the individual, or how it will further develop services in the workplace.