Who is eligible?
Nominated organisations must currently be working in health and community services in Australia e.g. in nursing, midwifery, aged care, hospitals, community services, disability services, early childhood education & care or allied health settings. Suitable nominees are those that go above and beyond the everyday demands of their service.
Organisations may self-nominate, however self-nominations must be supported by a supervisor/manager/CEO/owner/employer.
Nominations must demonstrate all of the following:
- Evidence of a positive impact in one or more of the following areas:
- Sustainability and/or waste management
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Gender equality eg: equal pay for equal work, elimination of discrimination on the basis of gender, removal of barriers to the participation of women in the workforce, access to leadership roles
- Improved health outcomes/improved patient wellbeing
- Sector-wide partnerships eg: knowledge sharing that helps address any of the above areas
- How the organisation identified the area of need and what steps it has undertaken to address the issue(s) identified
- Evidence of the impact and how it's being addressed
- How the prize money will assist the organisation to continue to improve the future for our society, the economy and/or our planet.