Who is eligible?
This could be in one or more settings, such as preschool, long day care, family day care, primary school, outside school hours care, mobile service etc, and must be in an approved or registered education program for young children.
Nominees must be an individual or team holding an early childhood qualification (Diploma or Degree) and currently working in early childhood education and care in Australia. Nominees may self-nominate, however all nominations must be supported by a supervisor/manager/CEO/owner/employer.
Nominations must include all of the following:
- An explanation of the individual or team's qualifications and the type of service being provided
- An explanation of what drove the need for innovation or change to advance pedagogy and practice
- An explanation of the new approach (service or process), how it is innovative and how it was developed including any barriers faced
- An explanation of the positive impact or benefits that the new approach is delivering for children's education and care and how the new approach could be more broadly implemented
- A description of how the prize money will enhance or assist in the professional development of the individual or team, or how it will further develop services in the workplace.